The Labyrinth at Knox is a modified 24-foot diameter Chartres pattern Labyrinth.
The Labyrinth in Chartres Cathedral in France, installed in 1201, provided an alternative form of pilgrimage, when it was no longer safe to make pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
The Labyrinth is not a maze, built to confuse, but a single pathway winding to the centre and returning out again on the same path. On the Labyrinth walk, we engage an ancient spiritual practice of pilgrimage and self discovery. The movement is a body prayer through the architecture of the soul. As we move to the centre, healing, transformation and the divine can be known. The Knox Labyrinth is listed on the Labyrinth locator of Veriditas, Grace Cathedral, San Francisco.
Self-guided Labyrinth Experience
9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday to Friday, except holidays
Enter the sacred space. Centre your life.
Listen for new direction. Find peace.
To support your meditative prayer there are:
- CDs with calming and mystical music.
- Explanatory sheets to guide you.
- Optional printed prayers to use as you walk.
- Candles to light in prayer or for atmosphere.
- A Prayer Wall on which to post a prayer you may wish to offer. (The general theme of the week’s prayer postings are offered in the Prayers of the People at the Knox community worship time on Sunday.)
To book a Group Event, Retreat or a Guided Session, or for information about Canvas Labyrinth, contact us.