United Church Marriage Preparation Course
Marriage Prep Brochure (pdf)
Online registration for the Marriage Prep course is available through EventBrite. Registration Link
This course is offered on behalf of the United Church of Canada, Chinook Winds Region. All couples planning to get married are welcome, whether you are getting married at Knox Church, a different church, or no church at all.
Knox offers a beautiful sanctuary with seating capacity for up to 788 people.
Whatever the size of your wedding, we offer a warm and welcoming setting for this special moment in your life.
If you are interested in holding your wedding ceremony here at Knox, we suggest that you pay us a personal visit, have a look at the sanctuary where the wedding would take place and then make your decision. The Church Office is open on weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. You can also contact our Wedding Coordinator to make arrangements for your wedding via e-mail.
We suggest that you book your wedding ceremony at Knox as early as possible (usually a year in advance) in order to get your preferred date and time, but since we do multiple weddings in a day, we can also often accommodate requests at much shorter notice.
Our Wedding Package
This package contains the essential information you will need as you contemplate holding your wedding here.
Your Wedding Checklist – Download PDF
Wedding information – Download PDF
Wedding facility agreement – Download PDF
Music for your Wedding. – Download PDF
Listen to the samples below.
Our Wedding Music
The video below plays all 30 samples straight through, with the number and title of the piece displayed. This version lets you just sit back and listen. The individual sound clips that follow, let you focus on selected titles that caught your ear, and let you listen and re-listen in more detail.
Song list From the Sampler above.
16. La Réjouissance – Handel
17. Hornpipe from Water Music – Handel
18. Rigaudon – Campra
19. Marche Triomphale – Karg-Elert
20. Now Thank We all Our God – Bach
21. Ode to Joy – Version 1 – Beethoven
22. Ode to Joy – Version 2 – Beethoven
23. Wedding March – Mendelssohn
24. Toccata in Seven – Rutter
25. Serenade – Bourgeois
26. Festive Trumpet Tune – Hoffman
27. In Joyful Praise – Lyon
28. Highland Cathedral – Roever & Korb
29. Prelude in C – Bach
30. Gabriel’s Oboe – Morricone
1. Sheep May Safely Graze – Bach
2. Canon in D – Pachelbel
3. Prelude in Classic Style – G. Young
4. Air from Water Music – Handel
5. Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – Bach
6. Largo from Xerxes – Handel
7. Bridal Chorus – Wagner
8. St. Anthony’s Chorale – Brahms
9. Intrada – Ives
10. Trumpet Tune – Purcell
11. Trumpet Voluntary – Stanley
12. Prince of Denmark’s March – Clarke
13. Trumpet Prelude – Charpentier
14. Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3 – Bach
15. Rhosymedre – Vaughan Williams